Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Fetal Monitor


Another thing that we have now a days is the fetal monitor. This invention to me was one of greatest things in the world. I remember when i pregnant with my son and if I got scared because he didn't move around as much. I would just put the headphones on and be able to listen to my son's heart beat through the fetal monitor. Which in 1960's is when to professors named Prof. K. Hammacher and Hewlett-Packard came up with this was the first" commercially available non-invasive fetal monitor".(Bellis) The first one "HP 8020-A fetal monitors which were also known as the babysitters"(Bellis) came out for customers in the Spring of 1968. This was able to tell the "fetal distress during labor". (Bellis) Not only during labor now they can use them at belly check appointments. Or you can even buy one at the store. It's a very helpful equipment.


Bellis,Mary. "fetal monitor inventor. "Web 29.2009.

The Fetal Monitor picture came from American Academy of physicans. May 99
by Jen Hight

No comments:

Post a Comment